Kylemore Abbey, Walled Garden and Visitor Centre
Lying at the foot of Druchruach Mountain and on the shores of Lough Pollacappul, Kylemore is one of the most visited and photographed attractions in Ireland. Kylemore Castle was built in 1867-1871 by Mitchell Henry as a gift to his wife Margaret, after the couple’s visit to Connemara on their honeymoon.
The Irish Benedictine Nuns purchased Kylemore in 1920 and converted the castle into Kylemore Abbey. Attractions at Kylemore include the Abbey, a Gothic Church, the Victorian Walled Gardens, as well as splendid woodland and garden walks throughout the grounds.
The Kylemore Estate is open daily throughout the year and offers a café restaurant, tea rooms, as well as a craft and pottery shop.
Distance from Cloverfox: 5 minute drive.